XcluziveSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Sports All the Time at XcluziveSports

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)

Go down 
+3
Ragun
Grunge
SoxNats08
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SoxNats08

Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) Empty
PostSubject: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm

I will be running a mafia game Twisted Evil . For those of you, its the same rules from footballsfuture. I will copy paste them here for those who don't know.

It is the job of the citizens to get rid of the mafia. It is the job of the mafia to whack the civs and to survive the lynch mob using their cunning and guile.

Each turn is divided into two phases, the daytime phase and the nightime phase. During the daytime phase the townspeople (everyone, both mafia and civs) talk amongst themselves via posts, trying to decide which of their fellow residents are mafia and should be axed at the end of the day. Daytime ends at a specified time.

Once daytime ends and the governor decides the fater of the person on the block we go into the nightime phase, and all citizens ARE SLEEPING! No posts during that time period. During the nightime portion the following takes place:

- The detective decides which citizen to investigate
- The bodyguard decides which citizen to protect
- The angel decide what citizen to protect
- The mafia decides what citizen it wants to whack, and who does the whacking
- The Silencer sends me the name of the person he wants silenced for that turn.

Nightime just takes a few minutes. When I have all the information from the specials I will post the results of the night (who was whacked) and we start the next day, with a new ending time.

Here are the cast of characters:

Mafia (5 members)

- The Godfather
Immune to investigations by the detective. If the detective does try and investigate the result will come back "civ". The Godfather gets one special hit every five rounds. This "special" hit takes the place of the regular mafia hit, and must be communicated to me that way. The special hit takes away all attempted saves by the bodyguard.

- The Silencer
For many of you the Silencer will be your worse nightmare. This mob member decides on one person to "silence" for that daytime turn. The Silencer tells me during the night, and I then communicate it to the person being silenced. Anyone can be silenced, however no person can be silenced twice in a row.

Being silenced means that you can do nothing more that turn than vote once, and without comment. You cannot make another post that turn or participate into any discussion or make a smarta$$ comment or anything. Should you ignore this directive the radioactive collar that the Silencer makes you wear will explode and your head will go off into thousands of little pieces, making you quite dead. Got it? IF YOU DO ANYTHING BUT POST "vote for xxx", YOU WILL DIE. YOU TALK, YOU DIE.

Be sure and read your pm's prior to the start of each day to see if you have been silenced!

- Mafia Henchmen (3) Mafia members with no special abilities. They're still good to take out though.

Civs

- Detective Each night the detective gets to ask me the true identity of one person, and I must respond truthfully (unless the person he asks me about is the Godfather, and then by rule I must respond "civ.") Probably the most powerful character the civs have.

- Angel Each night the angel picks one person to protect from a mafia hit. That person is then safe through the night, and any attempted mafia hit fails. (edit - the angel can protect him/herself).

- Bodyguard Each night the bodyguard picks one person to protect. The bodyguard cannot protect himself. If the mob chooses to try and hit the person the bodyguard is protecting the bodyguard is killed instead, however he takes with him one "normal" mafia member (as chosen by me). If there are no "normal" mafia members left we go Silencer and Yokazuma to determine what mafia member dies. If both the Bodyguard and the Angel protect the same person the bodyguard takes precidence. The angel can protect the bodyguard from a direct hit on his person, but not on dying in the line of duty. Remember, a hit from the Godfather trumps the bodyguard. (edit - should the mafia elect to hit the bodyguard then the bodyguard dies, assuming the angel has not offered protection, and no mafia member dies with him)

- Governor The governor has the power of pardon. At the end of each daytime portion I will announce the name of the person the townspeope have voted to lynch. It is then nightime, and there is no talking. At that point the governor will have five minutes to either pardon that person or let that person feel the wrath of an angry mob. If pardoned the person remains in the game. The governor also has one "special" investigation each game. This special investigation is like the investigation of the detective in that he asks the identity of another player and I give the answer. Unlike the detective, however, the Godfather is not hidden, and if asked I must tell the truth on that person. If both the governor and detective request an investigation only the governors request will be honored. The governor can only investigate once a game. The governor cannot pardon himself. If the governor is silenced than the governor cannot issue a pardon for that turn.

- Normal civs- Just your normal little civs going about their business. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Winning conditions - The civs win if they eliminate all mafia members. The mafia wins if they get to a point where they have more or the same number of civs.

Important rules! Please read!

1 No talking during nightime! Nightime is for specials to pm me their moves only! If you ignore this you run the risk of having me kill you.

2. The dead shall stay dead, dammit! You get one post immediately after you're killed - an amusing signoff is allowed, anything to do with game play is not.

3. No editing of posts! People will judge you and your intentions based upon your posts. If you made a spelling mistake, deal with it. Editing of posts is reason for me to kill you. You edit, you die.

4. The only people that may pm each other are the mafia. CIVILIANS MAY NOT COMMUNICATE VIA PM. Keep the communication to the board.

5. In the event of a tie at the end of the day, we go to a fifteen minute overtime period. The only people eligible to be voted on are those that were tied. All remaining live citizens may vote. If we are still tied at the end of overtime I choose the name of one citizen out of a hat to break the tie.

6. You may elect to let the board know your identity, you may keep it a secret, or you may lie about it. Whatever you think is your best game strategy. Remember, you win or lose as a team.

7. The only person that you can be 100% sure is telling you the truth is me. Keep that in mind as you play the game. Maybe.

8. When you vote for someone to kill, please bold the name of that person. Votes not in bold will not be accepted. - Worth noting again. Anything not in bold I view as a discussion and not a vote. If you are unable to bold your vote capitalize it.

9. You have up until the stated time to make your vote. The time cutoff will be the time listed on your post. For example, if the cutoff is 1:00 pm all votes up until and including 12:59 will be considered. A vote dated 1:00 pm or later will not be considered. I will still post a "quiet - nightime" post, however it should just be a friendly reminder. My schedule is often hard to predict - if the cutoff is at 1:00 PM and I am not around, I will be soon so do not get your undies in a bunch.

10. The mafia know the identity and roles of all their fellow mafia members. The civs don't know squat at this point.

11. Voting rule - If a person goes two consecutive turns without voting that person shall be deemed to be a non-player, and will be killed off by me. No sitting back and letting everyone else do the dirty work. If you know you'll be away, post your vote early.

Each day ends at 6 PM ET, by my clock.

We will have 5 mafia (godfather, silencer, 3 mafias) and 15 civs (angel, bodguard, detective, governor, vigilante, and 10 normals).

Players:

1. Grunge
2. Ragun

Last edited by SoxNats08 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grunge
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm in
Back to top Go down
http://www.xcluzivesports.com
Ragun

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 pm

I guess I can try it.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Great, 18 spots left Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:05 pm

bump Smile
Back to top Go down
rip_city
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:11 pm

this sounds pretty sweet but im kinda busy so i wouldnt have a lot of time for it plus is sounds confusing to me
Back to top Go down
Ragun

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 am

It sounds really confusing...can you put in a brief paragraph?
Back to top Go down
robbobw241

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Ill join but Im gonna have to read this 50 times.
Back to top Go down
Deets
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:37 pm

its too soon to try this, not nearly enough members yet.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 pm

Deets wrote:
its too soon to try this, not nearly enough members yet.

yea, ill wait on it
Back to top Go down
fatphil101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 8:00 pm

It's too confusing for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jete1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)   Forum Mafia Game (all spots open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Mafia Game (all spots open)
Page 1 of 1